Meant to be used for Type-C connector interface high speed passive switching applications, CBTL08GP053 is an USB Type-C High Performance Crossbar Switch IC which provides switching of high speed differential signals that correspond to various interface standards: USB3.1 (10 Gbps), DP1.3 (8.1 Gbps), PCI Express 3.0 (8 Gbps), etc.
CBTL08GP053 operates from a single platform power supply VDD and provides the I²C-bus interface for switch control, configuration and status update. Available in a small footprint package option: VFBGA40 4.75 mm x 3.25 mm, 0.5 mm pitch, this IC is targeted for a wide range of platforms (PCs, Tablets, Convertibles, Smart phones) and PC Accessories (e.g. Docks, Monitors, etc.) applications.
- Performs Multiplexing or Switching of High speed differential signals or Single ended signals
- All switches are direction agnostic
- Design based on both Patented and Patent pending High performance Switch technology
- Very low propagation delay (80 ps typical) and inter pair skew (35 ps typical)
- Supports I²C slave interface Standard mode (100 kbit/s) and Fast mode (400 kbit/s)
- Back current protection on Control pins and exposed connector side I/O pins
- PC platforms: Notebook PCs, Desktop PCs, Ultrabooks
- Tablets, 2:1 Convertibles, Smartphones and Portable devices
- PC accessories/peripherals: Multi-Function Monitors, etc.