A Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 1/ DP1.2 combo redriver is optimized for USB 3.1 Gen 1 and DisplayPort applications on either the Downstream Facing Port (DFP) or Upstream Facing Port (UFP) by following the four high-speed differential data flow to extend the signal reach. This is PTN36502 device that has built-in advanced power management capability that enables significant power saving under USB 3.1 Gen 1 Low power modes (U2/U3). It can detect LFPS signaling and link electrical conditions and can dynamically activate/de-activate internal circuitry and logic.
PTN36502 is powered by a 1.8 V supply and it is available in a small thin HX2QFN24 package with 2.4 mm x 3.2 mm x 0.35 mm and 0.4 mm pitch.
- Supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 data rate of 5 Gbps, and DisplayPort data rates at 1.62 Gbps, 2.7 Gbps and 5.4 Gbps (HBR2), AUX at 1 Mbps
- Compliant to SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 standard
- Implements USB Type-C Safe state conditions on all connector facing pins
- Configurable via ternary GPIO or I2C interface (operating up to 1 MHz)
- Integrated termination resistors provide impedance matching on both transmit and receive sides
- For USB Type-C Device/Sink application
- Docking Stations
- Display units
- For USB Type-C Host/Source application
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Notebooks, AIO and Desktop Computers
- Hub or Dock Devices