SA56004X is an 11-bit remote/local digital temperature sensor that features SMBus 2.0 compatible interface and overtemperature alarms. The remote channel of the SA56004X monitors a diode junction, such as a substrate PNP of a microprocessor or a diode connected transistor such as the 2N3904 (NPN) or 2N3906 (PNP). With factory trimming, remote sensor accuracy of +/-1 degree Celsius is achieved.
- 8 different device addresses are available for server applications. The SA56004ED with marking code 56004E, and SA56004EDP with marking code 6004E are address compatible with the National LM86, the MAX6657/8 and the ADM1032.
- Offset registers available for adjusting the remote temperature accuracy
- Accurately senses temperature of remote microprocessor thermal diodes or diode connected transistors within +/-1 degree Celsius
- Programmable under/overtemperature alarms: ALERT and T_CRIT
- SMBus 2.0 compatible interface, supports TIMEOUT
- Electronic test equipment and instrumentation
- Industrial controllers and embedded systems
- System thermal management in laptops, desktops, servers and workstations
- Computers and office electronic equipment