The NXP Semiconductors SA56004X is an SMBus compatible, 11-bit remote/local digital temperature sensor with overtemperature alarms. The remote channel of the SA56004X monitors a diode junction, such as a substrate PNP of a microprocessor or a diode connected transistor such as the 2N3904 (NPN) or 2N3906 (PNP). With factory trimming, remote sensor accuracy of ±1 °C is achieved.
The SA56004X is available in the SO8, TSSOP8 and HVSON8 packages. SA56004X has 8 factory-programmed device address options. The SA56004X is pin-compatible with the LM86, MAX6657/8, and ADM1032.
- On-chip local temperature sensing within ±2 °C
- Temperature range of −40 °C to +125 °C
- Offset registers available for adjusting the remote temperature accuracy
- SMBus 2.0 compatible interface, supports TIMEOUT
- I²C-bus Standard-mode and Fast-mode compatible
- SO8, TSSOP8 and HVSON8 packages
- System thermal management in laptops, desktops, servers and workstations
- Computers and office electronic equipment
- Electronic test equipment and instrumentation
- Industrial controllers and embedded systems