The PTN5110 IC targeted primarily for use in system platforms (e.g. Notebook PCs, Desktop PCs, Chromebooks, Tablets, Convertible, etc.). It implements Type-C Configuration Channel (CC) interface and USB PD Physical layer functions to a type-C Port Manager (TCPM) that handles PD Policy management. It is designed to comply with USB PD, Type-C and TCPC specifications. Other use cases may be feasible depending on the application architecture, e.g. docks, monitors, accessories, cable adapters, smartphones etc.
It can support various type-C roles: Sink, Source, Sink with accessory support or DRP. It implements Type-C CC analog portion (i.e Rd/Rp/Ra detection, Rd/Rp indication) and PD Tx/Rx PHY and protocol state machines. PTN5110 supports TCPM in system realization of the following PD roles:
- Provider (P)
- Provider/Consumer (P/C)
- Consumer (C)
- Consumer/Provider (C/P)
- Provides the majority of relevant IO capability for the host processor/TCPM to easily control and manage the Type-C/PD interface via the TCPC interface
- Offers tremendous flexibility to platform integrators by supporting a wide range of power supply input voltages
- Available in HX2QFN16, 2.6 mm x 2.6 mm x 0.35 mm, 0.4 mm pitch
- PC platforms: Notebook PCs, Desktop PCs, Ultrabooks, Chromebooks
- Tablets, 2:1 Convertibles, Smartphones and Portable devices
- PC accessories/peripherals: Docking, Mobile Monitors, Multi-Function Monitors, Portable/External hard drives, Cable adaptors, Dongles and accessories, etc.