Supporting data signaling rate of 5 Gbit/s, the PTN36221A is a small, low power, high performance SuperSpeed USB 3.0 redriver that enhances signal quality by performing receive equalization on the deteriorated input signal followed by transmit de-emphasis maximizing system link performance.
Without host software intervention, the PTN36221A has built-in advanced power management capability that enables significant power saving under various different USB 3.0 Low-power modes (U2/U3). The device performs these actions without host software intervention and conserves power.
- Supports Low Frequency Periodic Signaling (LFPS) and is USB3.0 compatible
- Adjustable receive equalization, transmit de-emphasis and output swing functions
- Automatic receiver termination detection
- Support hot plug with automatic receiver detect
- ESD 8 kV HBM, 1 kV CDM for data path
- Smart phones, tablets
- Active cables
- Notebook/netbook/nettop platforms
- Server and storage platforms