NXP introduces a ROM-based DisplayPort to VGA adapter optimized primarily for motherboard applications, PTN3356R1. The device is designed to convert a DisplayPort signal from the chip set to an analog video signal that directly connects to the VGA connector. PTN3356R1 also aids in monitor detection by performing load sensing on RGB lines and reporting sink connection status to the source.
- Notebook computers, tablets and desktop PCs
- Dongles, adapters, docking stations
- Supports two DisplayPort lanes
- Supports I²C-bus over AUX per DisplayPort standard
- Bridges the VESA DDC channel to the DisplayPort Interface
- Consumes approximately 200 mW of power for video streaming in WUXGA resolution and 410 µW of power in Low-power mode
- VGA output is powered down when there is no valid DisplayPort source data being transmitted