PCA9670PW is a remote 8-bit I/O expander for Fm+ I²C-bus with reset. It provides general-purpose remote I/O expansion via the two-wire bidirectional I²C‑bus (serial clock (SCL), serial data (SDA)). The devices consist of eight quasi-bidirectional ports, 1 MHz 30 mA drive I²C‑bus interface, three hardware address inputs and a reset input operating between 2.3 V and 5.5 V.
The PCA9670 has three hardware address pins and allows up to 64 of these PCA9670 I/O expanders on the same I²C‑bus without the need for bus buffers, supporting up to 512 I/Os (for example, 512 LEDs).
- Operating supply voltage 2.3 V to 5.5 V with 5.5 V tolerant I/Os held to VDD with 100 μA current source
- I²C‑bus to parallel port expander
- 1 MHz I²C‑bus interface (Fast-mode Plus I²C‑buss)
- SDA with 30 mA sink capability for 4000 pF buses
- 8-bit remote I/O pins that default to inputs at power-up
- Industrial control
- LED signs and displays
- Medical equipment