Offering both contactless and contact interfaces, the NTAG I²C is the first product of NxP’s NTAG family. The IC features an I²C contact interface which can communicate with a microcontroller if the NTAG I²C is powered from an external power supply, in addition to the passive NFC Forum compliant contactless interface.
The NTAG I²C product can also supply power to external (low power) devices (e.g. a microcontroller) via the embedded energy harvesting circuitry. It also features a configurable field detection pin, which provides a trigger to an external device depending on the activities at the RF interface.
- 64 byte SRAM buffer for fast transfer of data (Pass-through mode) between the RF and the I²C interfaces located outside the User Memory
- Energy harvesting functionality to power external devices (e.g. microcontroller)
- FAST READ command for faster data reading
- Data integrity of 16-bit CRC, parity, bit coding, bit counting
- True anticollision
- 64 bytes SRAM volatile memory without write endurance limitation
- Home automation
- Home appliances
- Consumer electronics
- Smart meters