An NFMI or near field magnetic induction communication system is a way to communicate using low power magnetic fields between devices. NFMI is a great and modern way to transmit data and has a proven track record in the hearing industry.
The NXP NxH2280 is fully integrated and contains, in a single chip, communication for wireless audio and data streaming. It is equipped with second-generation NFMI technology, making low power, robust, private and applicable for worldwide use which will deliver a robust and tightly-contained body-area network around the user.
- Integrated ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- CoolFlux DSP for audio processing
- Works standalone or with external MCU
- Flexible embedded network
- Supported audio sampling frequencies: 16 kHz to 48 kHz
- Ultra-low-power operation
- Operates off a single ZnAir battery
- Supported by a complete starter kit
- Hearables (e.g. truly wireless earbuds)
- Hearing instruments
- Mission-critical communication