MC33660 is designed to interface between the vehicle’s on-board MCU and systems off-board the vehicle via the special ISO K line. It features an ISO K Line pin protected against shorts to battery and meets the diagnostic system ISO9141 specification.
It is a serial link bus interface device designed to provide bi-directional half-duplex communication interfacing in automotive diagnostic applications.
- Interfaces directly to standard CMOS microprocessors
- Operates over a wide supply voltage of 8.0 V to 18 V
- Operating temperature of -40 °C to 125 °C
- 8.0 kV ESD protection attainable with few additional components
- Thermal shutdown with hysteresis
- Automotive systems
- Industrial equipment
- Robotic equipment
- Applications where module-to-module communications are required
- Marine and aircraft networks