IEEE 802.15.4 specifies standards for the physical layer and media access control. These were developed for low-data-rate monitor and control applications and extended-life low-power-consumption uses. ZigBee, WirelessHART, MiWi, and Thread specifications are based on 802.15.4, but these applications further develop the upper layers.
The JN5161 is an ultra low power, high performance microcontroller that supports either RF4CE or IEEE 802.15.4 for development of remote/wireless sensor applications. It features an enhanced 32-bit RISC processor with 64 kB embedded Flash, 8 kB RAM and 4 kB EEPROM memory and also has peripherals with a wide range of applications including I2C, SPI, and a four channel ADC.
- Robust and secure low power wireless applications
- RF4CE Remote Controls
- JenNet-IP networks
- ZigBee SE networks
- ZigBee Light Link networks
- Lighting & Home automation
- Toys and gaming peripherals
- Single chip device to run stack and application
- Very low current solution for long battery life – over 10 years
- Supports multiple network stacks
- Highly featured 32-bit RISC CPU for high performance and low power
- System BOM is low in component count and cost
- Flexible sensor interfacing options