I2C is a great way to efficiently transfer data using low power, and is very modest in resource demands. The I2C bus offers support for communication on a number of devices and is a great choice for when you want to connect multiple devices together because it has a it has a built-in addressing scheme.
The P82B715 is a bipolar IC intended for application in IC-bus and derivative bus systems. While retaining all the operating modes and features of the IC-bus it permits extension of the practical separation distance between components on the I2C-bus by buffering both the data (SDA) and the clock (SCL) lines.
- Dual, bidirectional, unity voltage gain buffer with no external directional control required
- Compatible with I2C-bus and its derivatives SMBus, PMBus, DDC, etc.
- Logic signal levels may include (but not exceed) both supply and ground
- Logic signal input voltage levels are output without change and are independent of VCC
- x10 impedance transformation, but does not change logic voltage levels
- Supply voltage range 3 V to 12 V
- Increase the total connected capacitance of an I2C-bus system to around 3000 pF
- Drive IC-bus signals over long cables to approximately 50 meters or 3000 pF
- Drives x10 lower impedance bus wiring for improved noise immunity
- Multi-drop distribution of IC-bus signals using low cost twisted-pair cables
- AdvancedTCA radial IPMB architecture
- Features and applications of the P82B715 I2C-bus extender
- Level shifting techniques in I2C-bus design