Near Field Communication is starting to become commonplace with recent devices. They make transactions so much easier and energy efficient that almost every mobile OS designers offer apps or features that use NFC. The PN5180A0ET is a high-power output NFC frontend IC that runs at 13.56MHz. It uses outstanding modulation and demodulation concept completely integrated for all kinds of wireless communications.
The PN5180 ensures maximum interoperability for next generation of NFC enabled mobile phones. The PN5180 is optimized for point of sales terminal applications and implements a high-power NFC frontend functionality which allows to achieve EMV compliance on RF level without additional external active components.
- Payment terminals
- Physical-access readers
- eGov readers
- Industrial readers
- High-performance readers
- Transmitter current up to 250 mA
- Includes NXP ISO/IEC14443-A, Innovatron ISO/IEC14443-B and NXP MIFARE Crypto 1 rights
- Full compliance with all standards to NFC, contactless operation and EMVCo
- Automatic EMD handling for faster design of payment terminals
- Active load modulation supports smaller antenna with Card Emulation Mode
- PN5180 Antenna design guide
- How to design an antenna with DPC
- PN5180 evaluation board quick start guide