The CBTL06121 is a six-channel multiplexer designed for Gen1 speeds, at 2.5 Gbit/s for PCI Express or 2.7 Gbit/s for DisplayPort. It provides four differential channels capable of switching or multiplexing (bidirectional and AC-coupled) PCI Express or DisplayPort signals.
CBTL06121 is typically used on motherboards, docking stations or add-in cards where the graphics and I/O system controller chip utilizes I/O pins.The hex display MUX can be used to route the signal from the controller chip, which selects the path to be used by setting a select signal (which can be latched) HIGH or LOW.
- High-bandwidth analog pass-gate technology
- Very low intra-pair differential skew (< 5 ps)
- Shutdown mode minimizes power consumption while switching all channels off
- Very low operation current of 0.2 mA typ
- Standby mode minimizes power consumption while switching all channels off
- Single 3.3 V power supply
- Two pinouts (A and B) available as separate ordering part numbers
- Motherboard applications requiring DisplayPort and PCI Express switching/multiplexing
- Docking stations
- Notebook computers
- Chip sets requiring flexible allocation of PCI Express or DisplayPort I/O pins to board connectors