A small thin low power CC logic chip, PTN5150A supports the USB Type-C connector application with Configuration Channel (CC) control logic detection and indication functions. It supports Type-C to USB legacy cables and adapters defined in USB Type-C Spec.
This logic chip can be configured to dual role, host, or device mode through external configuration pin or through I²C interface. Upon detection of plug orientation, pin ID will indicate if PTN5150A is working under either host role or deice role, and other status will also be reflected in I²C registers.
- Compatible with legacy OTG hardware and software
- Support plug, orientation, role and charging current detection
- Report detail port states and accessory modes in I²C registers
- Latch-up testing is done to JEDEC Standard JESD78 which exceeds 100 mA
- High ESD protection for VBUS and CC1/2 pins
- Tablets/Mobile Devices
- Ultrabook/Notebook Computers
- Docking Stations