CBTL05024 multiplexer/demultiplexer switch chip supports 10.3125 Gbit/s v1.2 channels and it is used to interface the Thunderbolt/MiniDP connector with Thunderbolt systems. It features 3:1 switch TB MUX and 2:1 switch DP MUX. Also, it includes HPD and CA_DET buffers for HPD_IN and CA_DET control signals.
The TB MUX is a 3:1 switch that selects between Thunderbolt data path and DisplayPort v1.2 side-band signals – either DDC or AUX. The DP MUX is a 2:1 switch that selects between DP ML (DisplayPort Main Link) and LS TX/RX signals. Both LSTX and LSRX are the side-band signals for Thunderbolt channel. The CBTL05024 chip is powered by a 3.3 V supply and it is available in a 3 mm x 3 mm HVQFN24 package with 0.4 mm pitch.
- The input of the HPD (Hot Plug Detect) buffer is 5 V tolerant
- Integrated LSRX buffer with 1 MΩ pull-down resistor (R1) on the LSRX buffer input
- Integrated 8.75 kΩ pull-up resistor (R4) on the LSTX pin
- Very low intra-pair differential skew (5 ps typical)
- All channels support rail-to-rail input voltage
- Thunderbolt/MiniDP Applications
- PCIe graphics cards
- PC monitor display