PCA82C251 is a CAN transceiver that is primarily used for applications up to 1 MBd in trucks and buses. Fully compatible with the “ISO 11898-24 V” standard, this transceiver provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receive capability to the CAN controller.
It has a feature that prevents destruction of the transmitter output stage. This feature is a current-limiting circuit that protects the transmitter output stage against short-circuits to positive and negative battery voltage.
- Fully compatible with the “ISO 11898-24 V” standard
- Thermally protected
- Short-circuit proof to battery and ground in 24 V powered systems
- An unpowered node does not disturb the bus lines
- At least 110 nodes can be connected
- High speed (up to 1 MBd)
- High immunity against electromagnetic interference
- High-speed applications (up to 1 MBd) in trucks and busses