Allowing immediate communication between the master and downstream devices, the PCA9547 powers up with Channel 0 connected. An active LOW reset input allows the PCA9547 to recover from a situation where one of the downstream I²C-buses is stuck in a LOW state. Pulling the RESET pin LOW resets the I²C-bus state machine causing all the channels to be deselected, except Channel 0 so that the master can regain control of the bus.
It is an octal bidirectional translating multiplexer controlled by the I²C-bus. The SCL/SDA upstream pair fans out to eight downstream pairs, or channels but only one SCx/SDx channel can be selected at a time, determined by the contents of the programmable control register.
- Operating power supply voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- 5 V tolerant inputs
- 0 Hz to 400 kHz clock frequency
- ESD protection exceeds 2000 V HBM per JESD22-A114 and 1000 V CDM per JESD22-C101
- Latch-up testing is done to JEDEC Standard JESD78 which exceeds 100 mA
- Basestation – discretes focus / transceiver board
- Digital media adapters
- LCD display – discretes focus
- PCI analog / DVB-T stereo TV receiver
- UMA-enabled GSM/GPRS/EDGE VAS Phone (6100)