Optimized for voltage switch dimming and blinking 100 mA Red/Green/Blue/AMber (RGBA) LEDs, the PCU9656 is a UFm I²C-bus controlled 24-bit LED driver which is one of the first LED controller devices in a new Ultra Fast-mode (UFm) family. Each LEDn output has its own 8-bit resolution (256 steps) fixed frequency individual PWM controller.
Each LEDn output can be off, on (no PWM control), set at its individual PWM controller value or at both individual and group PWM controller values. The PCU9656 operates with a supply voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V and the 100 mA open-drain outputs allow voltages up to 40 V for the LED supply.
- 5 MHz Ultra Fast-mode unidirectional I²C-bus interface
- Internal power-on reset
- Noise filter on USDA/USCL inputs
- Glitch-free LEDn outputs on power-up
- 5.5 V tolerant inputs on non-LED pins
- Package offered: LQFP48
- RGB or RGBA LED drivers
- LED status information
- LED displays
- LCD backlights
- Keypad backlights for cellular phones or handheld devices