Designed to drive dot matrix graphic displays at multiplex rates of 1:8, 1:16, 1:24 or 1:32, The PCF8578 is a low power CMOS LCD row and column driver which can function as a stand-alone LCD controller and driver for use in small systems. the device has 40 outputs, of which 24 are programmable and configurable for the following ratios of rows/columns: 32/8, 24/16. 16/24 or 8/32.
The PCF8578 is compatible with most microcontrollers and communicates via a two-line bidirectional bus (I²C-bus). Communication overhead is minimized by a display RAM with auto-incremented addressing and display bank switching.
- Single chip LCD controller and driver
- Externally selectable bias configuration, 5 or 6 levels
- 1280-bit RAM for display data storage and scratch pad
- Provides display synchronization for PCF8579
- Compatible with most microcontrollers
- Automotive information systems
- Telecommunication systems
- Point-of-sale terminals
- Industrial computer terminals
Powered from a 1.8 V supply, PTN36043 is a very small, low power 2 differential channel 2 to 1 active multiplex/demultiplexer switch. It has an integrated SuperSpeed USB3.1 Gen 1 (also known as USB3.0) redriver IC that can switch two differential signals to one of two locations. The active switch has optimized performance with minimized crosstalk, as required by the high-speed serial interface for type C connector.
PTN36043 has built-in advanced power management capability that enables significant power savings under various different USB3.1 Gen 1 Low-power modes (U2/U3). It can detect link electrical conditions and can dynamically activate/deactivate internal circuitry and logic. The device performs these actions without host software intervention and conserves power.
Block diagram of PTN36043
- Compliant to SuperSpeed USB3.1 Gen 1 standard
- Automatic receiver termination detection
- Low active power: 203 mW/113 mA (typical) for VDD = 1.8 V
- Compliant with JESD 78 Class II latch up test standard
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to +85 °C
- USB3.1 Gen 1 application for type C connectors
- Smart Phones, Tablets/Mobile Devices
- Desktop/Notebook Computers
- Docking Stations
- USB3.1 Gen 1 Peripherals such as flat panel display, consumer/storage devices, printers or USB3.1 Gen 1 capable hubs/repeaters
The NXP Semiconductors SA56004X is an SMBus compatible, 11-bit remote/local digital temperature sensor with overtemperature alarms. The remote channel of the SA56004X monitors a diode junction, such as a substrate PNP of a microprocessor or a diode connected transistor such as the 2N3904 (NPN) or 2N3906 (PNP). With factory trimming, remote sensor accuracy of ±1 °C is achieved.
The SA56004X is available in the SO8, TSSOP8 and HVSON8 packages. SA56004X has 8 factory-programmed device address options. The SA56004X is pin-compatible with the LM86, MAX6657/8, and ADM1032.
- On-chip local temperature sensing within ±2 °C
- Temperature range of −40 °C to +125 °C
- Offset registers available for adjusting the remote temperature accuracy
- SMBus 2.0 compatible interface, supports TIMEOUT
- I²C-bus Standard-mode and Fast-mode compatible
- SO8, TSSOP8 and HVSON8 packages
- System thermal management in laptops, desktops, servers and workstations
- Computers and office electronic equipment
- Electronic test equipment and instrumentation
- Industrial controllers and embedded systems
One of the first LED controller devices in a new Ultra Fast-mode (UFm) family, the PCU9654 is a UFm I²C-bus controlled 8-bit LED driver optimized for voltage switch dimming and blinking 100 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs. Each LED output has its own 8-bit resolution (256 steps) fixed frequency individual PWM controller that operates at 97 kHz with a duty cycle that is adjustable from 0 % to 99.6 % to allow the LED to be set to a specific brightness value.
Each LED output can be off, on (no PWM control), set at its individual PWM controller value or at both individual and group PWM controller values. The PCU9654 operates with a supply voltage range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V and the 100 mA open-drain outputs allow voltages up to 40 V for LED supply.
Block diagram of PCU9654
- 5 MHz Ultra Fast-mode I²C-bus interface
- 256-step group blinking with frequency programmable from 24 Hz to 10.73 s and duty cycle from 0 % to 99.6 %
- 25 MHz internal oscillator requires no external components
- Internal power-on reset
- Noise filter on USDA/USCL inputs
- Operating power supply voltage (VDD) range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- RGB or RGBA LED drivers
- LED status information
- LED displays
- LCD backlights
- Keypad backlights for cellular phones or handheld devices