Offering both contactless and contact interfaces, the NTAG I²C is the first product of NxP’s NTAG family. The IC features an I²C contact interface which can communicate with a microcontroller if the NTAG I²C is powered from an external power supply, in addition to the passive NFC Forum compliant contactless interface.
The NTAG I²C product can also supply power to external (low power) devices (e.g. a microcontroller) via the embedded energy harvesting circuitry. It also features a configurable field detection pin, which provides a trigger to an external device depending on the activities at the RF interface.
Contactless and contact system
- 64 byte SRAM buffer for fast transfer of data (Pass-through mode) between the RF and the I²C interfaces located outside the User Memory
- Energy harvesting functionality to power external devices (e.g. microcontroller)
- FAST READ command for faster data reading
- Data integrity of 16-bit CRC, parity, bit coding, bit counting
- True anticollision
- 64 bytes SRAM volatile memory without write endurance limitation
- Home automation
- Home appliances
- Consumer electronics
- Smart meters
Supporting asynchronous cards (microcontroller-based IC cards), the TDA8037 is a smart card interface device forming the electrical interface between a microcontroller and a smart card. It is the cost efficient successor of the established integrated contact smart card reader IC TDA8035.
The electrical characteristics of the TDA8037 are in accordance with CISCO technology requirements (IRD Electrical Interface Specifications doc n° LC-T056) and also comply with ISO7816-3 for class B.It offers a high level of security for the card performing current limitation, short circuit detection, ESD protection as well as supply supervision.
- Thermal and short-circuit protection on all card contacts
- Automatic activation and deactivation sequences initiated by software or by hardware in the event of a short-circuit, card take-off, overheating, VDDhost, VREG and VDD dropping
- SW compatible to TDA8024, TDA8034 and TDA8035
- Three protected half-duplex bidirectional buffered I/O lines (C4, C7 and C8)
- SO28 version is footprint compatible with TDA8024T
- Compliant with ISO 7816, Cisco technology and EMV 4.3 payment systems
- Pay TV
- Electronic payment
- IC card readers for banking
Using NXP’s JN5168 wireless microcontroller, the JN5168-001-M00 is an ultra low power, high performance surface mount modules targeted at IEEE 802.15.4, JenNet-IP, ZigBee Light Link, ZigBee Smart Energy and RF4CE networking applications, enabling users to realise products with minimum time to market and at the lowest cost.
There are four module variants available: JN5168-001-M00 with an integrated antenna, JN5168-001-M03 with an antenna connector and the JN5168-001-M05 and M06 with an antenna connector, power amplifier and LNA for extended range. The JN5168-001-M05 output power has been optimised for use in Europe and Asia.
Module Block Diagram
- 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4, JenNet-IP, ZigBee Light Link, ZigBee Smart Energy and RF4CE compatible
- Data EEPROM with guaranteed 100 k write operations
- RF4CE, JenNet-IP, ZigBee Smart Energy stacks
- Microminiature module solutions
- Ready to use in products
- Minimises product development time
- No RF test required for systems
- Robust and secure low power wireless applications
- ZigBee and JenNet-IP networks
- Home and commercial building automation
- Utilities metering (e.g. AMR)
- Location Aware services (e.g. Asset Tracking)
- Toys and gaming peripherals
- Industrial systems
- Remote Control
With an integrated low-drop voltage regulator, the UJA1018 is a LIN 2.0/2.1/2.2/SAE J2602 transceiver that facilitates the development of compact nodes in LIN bus systems. It offers strong Electro Static Discharge (ESD) performance and can withstand high voltages on the LIN bus, supporting robust designs.
UJA1018 is integrated with three high-side switches that are intended to support a variety of applications, including LED control for ambient lighting. The exposed center pad of UJA1018 package provides enhanced performance.
- LIN 2.0/2.1/2.2 compliant /SAE J2602 compliant / Downward compatible with LIN 1.3
- Internal LIN slave termination resistor
- Slave Node Position Detection (SNPD) supported by LIN bus switch
- Voltage regulator offering 5 V, 70 mA capability , 2 % voltage regulator accuracy over specified temperature and supply ranges
- 3 high-side switches delivering up to 30 mA (e.g. to provide complete control over color blending and brightness in LEDs)
- Automotive, LED ambient lighting