The CD1030 is a SMARTMOS device that features 35-to-1 analog multiplexers for reading analog inputs. It is also a multiple switch detection interface designed to detect the closing and opening of 33 switch contacts. The switch status is transferred to the microcprocessor through a SPI in automotive environments.
The analog input signal is buffered and provided on the analog multiplexer output pin for the MCU to read. It also features individually selectable input currents in Normal and Low-power mode. And with its SPI interface, connecting to other MCUS will be no problem.
Functional Block DIagram
- Fully functional operation 4.5 V ≤ VBATP ≤ 36 V
- Full parametric operation 6.0 V ≤ VBATP ≤ 28 V
- Operating switch input voltage range from -1.0 V to 36 V
- 12 programmable inputs (switches to battery or ground)
- 21 switch-to-ground inputs • Selectable wetting current (2.0, 6.0, 8.0, 10, 12, 14, 16, or 20 mA)
- Interfaces directly to an MCU using 3.3 V / 5.0 V SPI protocol
- Selectable wake-up on change of state • Typical standby current IBATP = 50 μA and
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) •
- Lighting • Central gateway / in-vehicle networking •
- Gasoline engine management
- Programmable logic control (PLC)
- Process control, temperature control
- Input-output control (I/O Control)
- Single board computer
- Ethernet switch
An NFMI or near field magnetic induction communication system is a way to communicate using low power magnetic fields between devices. NFMI is a great and modern way to transmit data and has a proven track record in the hearing industry.
The NXP NxH2280 is fully integrated and contains, in a single chip, communication for wireless audio and data streaming. It is equipped with second-generation NFMI technology, making low power, robust, private and applicable for worldwide use which will deliver a robust and tightly-contained body-area network around the user.
Hardware application board
- Integrated ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- CoolFlux DSP for audio processing
- Works standalone or with external MCU
- Flexible embedded network
- Supported audio sampling frequencies: 16 kHz to 48 kHz
- Ultra-low-power operation
- Operates off a single ZnAir battery
- Supported by a complete starter kit
- Hearables (e.g. truly wireless earbuds)
- Hearing instruments
- Mission-critical communication
FlexRay is an network communications protocol used in automotives to control on-board computing. Developed by the FlexRay Consortium, FlexRay is designed to be better than CAN or TTP, but has its drawbacks in being a bit more expensive. Presently, the FlexRay standard is part of a new set of standards namely ISO 17458-1 to 17458-5.
The TJA1080A is a FlexRay transceiver that is fully compliant with the FlexRay electrical physical layer specification V2.1 Rev. It is primarily intended for communication systems from 1 Mbit/s to 10 Mbit/s, and provides an advanced interface between the protocol controller and the physical bus in a FlexRay network.
- Optimized for time triggered communication systems
- Low power management
- Diagnosis (detection and signalling)
- Functional classes according to FlexRay electrical physical layer specification
I2C is a great way to efficiently transfer data using low power, and is very modest in resource demands. The I2C bus offers support for communication on a number of devices and is a great choice for when you want to connect multiple devices together because it has a it has a built-in addressing scheme.
The P82B715 is a bipolar IC intended for application in IC-bus and derivative bus systems. While retaining all the operating modes and features of the IC-bus it permits extension of the practical separation distance between components on the I2C-bus by buffering both the data (SDA) and the clock (SCL) lines.
- Dual, bidirectional, unity voltage gain buffer with no external directional control required
- Compatible with I2C-bus and its derivatives SMBus, PMBus, DDC, etc.
- Logic signal levels may include (but not exceed) both supply and ground
- Logic signal input voltage levels are output without change and are independent of VCC
- x10 impedance transformation, but does not change logic voltage levels
- Supply voltage range 3 V to 12 V
- Increase the total connected capacitance of an I2C-bus system to around 3000 pF
- Drive IC-bus signals over long cables to approximately 50 meters or 3000 pF
- Drives x10 lower impedance bus wiring for improved noise immunity
- Multi-drop distribution of IC-bus signals using low cost twisted-pair cables
- AdvancedTCA radial IPMB architecture
Security is an important part of design. In the process of developing a project and should be one of the key considerations of the designer. The NXP MIFARE SAM AV2 hardware solution is the ideal add-on for reader devices offering additional security services. It offers secure storage and secure communication in a variety of infrastructures.
The P5DF081 offers secured communication. It supports a number of cryptography variations such as MIFARE Crypto1, TDEA (Triple DES encryption algorithm), RSA and AES. Unlike other products in the field, MIFARE SAM AV2 has proven interoperability with all of NXP’s broad card portfolio, (MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE 1K, MIFARE 4K, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE DESFire EV1 and SmartMX solutions), making it the most versatile and secure SAM solution on the market today.
- Supports MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE 1K, MIFARE 4K, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE DESFire EV1
- Secure storage and updating of keys (key usage counters)
- 128 key entries for symmetric cryptography and 3 RSA key entries for asymmetric cryptography
- TDEA and AES based key diversification
- Offline cryptography
- Access management
- Public transport
- Loyalty programs
- Micro payment