The exchange of data between several devices is commonplace nowadays. It comes to no surprise then that standards for these types of communications have come up over the years, and have become an important part in Personal Area Networks. So, if you are looking into a project that needs 802.15.4 compatibility, the MCR20A is just what you need.
The MCR20A expands the NXP portfolio of wireless connectivity products by delivering a new generation of 2.4 GHz transceiver for the IEEE® 802.15.4 standard. The MCR20A provides a world-class link budget of 110 dB that ensures the longest range of communication. At the same time, the MCR20A is able to receive and transmit at significantly lower peak currents than other competitive devices. This enables mesh networks to run on the same battery for a much longer period. The Dual PAN support allows the system to concurrently participate in two 802.15.4 networks, eliminating the need for multiple radios.
- 802.15.4 PHY/MAC support
- -102 dBm sensitivity +8 dBm maximum output power reducing the need for external power amplifiers
- Low-power receive mode (LPPS)
- TX 17 mA @ 0 dBm and RX 19 mA typical
- TX 18 mA @ 0 dBm and RX 19.5 mA max
- –40 ˚C to +105 ˚C operational temperature range
- Supports SMAC, Thread Networking Protocol and ZigBee stacks
- Home Area Networks
- In-home Displays
- Connected Appliances
- Networked Building Control