PCA9622 is an LED controller device in a new Fast-mode(Fm+) family considering Fm+ devices offer frequency up to 1 MHz and more densely populated bus operation up to 4000 pF. Each LED output has its own 8-bit resolution (256 steps) fixed frequency individual PWM controller that operates at 97 kHz with a duty cycle that is adjustable from 0 % to 99.6 % to allow the LED to be set to a specific brightness value.
PCA9622 is an I2C-bus controlled 16-bit LED driver optimized for voltage switch dimming and blinking 100 mA Red/Green/Blue/Amber (RGBA) LEDs.
- 256-step (8-bit) linear programmable brightness per LED output varying from fully off (default) to maximum brightness using a 97 kHz PWM signal
- 256-step group brightness control allows general dimming (using a 190 Hz PWM signal) from fully off to maximum brightness (default)
- 256-step group blinking with frequency programmable from 24 Hz to 10.73 s and duty cycle from 0 % to 99.6 %
- 1 MHz Fast-mode Plus compatible I2C-bus interface with 30 mA high drive capability on SDA output for driving high capacitive buses
- 16 LED drivers. Each output programmable at:
- Programmable LED brightness
- Programmable group dimming/blinking mixed with individual LED brightness
- LCD backlights
- Keypad backlights for cellular phones or handheld devices
- RGB or RGBA LED drivers
- LED status information
- LED displays